Three Westchester and Rockland county families fight for access to medical marijuana trying to better treat two girls and a boy suffering from a rare form of epilepsy called Dravet syndrome. Tania Savayan / The Journal News Although 22 other states allow doctors to certify marijuana patients an apparent flaw in New York’s program has some in the hemp oil used for pain medical community concerned about federallegal troubles. Hemp Oil Ky dr. Sheryl Haut a neurologist and director of the adult epilepsy program at Montefiore Medical Center in New York Dr. Hemp Oil Ky Sheryl Haut a top neurologist at Montefiore Medical Center cited the legal ambiguity surrounding New York’s marijuana program as a major reason she refusesto certify patients –
- Reason: Password Sign in anonymously?Latest News Canada’s licensed growers want sales tax taken off medical marijua – Canada’s licensed pot producers are pushing Ottawa to exempt patients from paying any sales tax on their products which would give medical marijuana the same tax status as prescription drugs
- She has proposedfederal reforms to decriminalize marijuana for medicinal uses which would resolve some of the concerns affecting New York’s law
- Medical Marijuana Inc
- It is incredibly fitting that today we are passing this bill which is one step towards making medicinal cannabis accessible to people like Dan” Di Natale said
- Our Advocates will provide patients with the most up to date and comprehensive information about the law and their rights as registered patients
- Considering the relatively benign effects of THC however it shouldn’t negate the value of medical cannabis because this is true of a wide range of much more dangerous drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) prescribed by physicians and distributed by pharmacies all across America every day
- May 2011 creating an exception to the state’s criminal code that permits the medical use of marijuana with a doctor’s recommendation by those 18 and older
- CNN’s Zahra Ullah contributed to this story
. She fears that participating in the program would endanger her ability to prescribe other drugs.
We believe that dispensing medical marijuana through pharmacy like other medications is the safest option.” Shoppers Drug Mart has 1300 chain stores nationally including Quebec where it operates under the Pharmaprix brand in every province and territory except Nunavut. Shoppers Drug Mart’s largest competitor Rexall told the Globe they weren’t considering medical marijuana sales at this time. Meanwhile Shoppers executives have reportedly been visiting sites of the 29 licensed medical marijuana producers across the country. If Shoppers Drug Mart decided to move forward with the initiative they’d have to become a licensed distributor via Health Canada. That licesne would grant them the legal right to purchase marijuana from licensed producers repackage it for sale under their brand if necessary and sell to customers approved for medical marijuana use by their doctors.
While the state maintains a confidential registry and issues identification cards (PDF) patients who do not join the registry and are arrested for possession or cultivation of marijuana may argue an “affirmative defense of medical necessity.” Illnesses: cachexia; cancer; chronic pain; chronic nervous system disorders; epilepsy and other conditions characterized by seizures; glaucoma; HIV/AIDS; multiple sclerosis and other muscle spasticity disorders; nausea (other conditions subject to approval by the state) Possession: 2 ounces of usable marijuana Cultivation: Six marijuana plants Dispensaries: Must be at least 1000 feet from a school or daycare center; local municipalities have the authority to prohibit dispensaries in their community Caregivers: Must be listed on the medical marijuana registry; maximum of five patients Connecticut Public Act 12-55 (An Act Hemp Oil Ky Concerning the Palliative Use) was signed into law by the governor on June 1 2012. Patients with a qualifying “debilitating medical condition” who have obtained written hemp oil thc extraction certification from a physician may possess a one-month supply of cannabis (exact amount to be
determined) but may not cultivate the plant. Medical marijuana patients must register with Connecticut’s Department of Consumer Protection (DCP). Illnesses: cancer; glaucoma; positive Hemp Oil Ky status for HIV/AIDS; Parkinson’s disease; multiple sclerosis; damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity; epilepsy; cachexia; wasting syndrome; Crohn’s disease; PTSD; or any other medical condition medical treatment or disease approved by the DCP. Possession: One-month supply (exact amount to be determined) Cultivation: Personal cultivation of cannabis prohibited Dispensaries: No more than 10 state-licensed dispensaries to operate throughout Connecticut Caregivers: Patients’ primary caregivers may possess up to a one-month supply (or a combined one-month supply between patient and caregiver); caregivers have same legal protection from state prosecution as patients Delaware Delaware’s governor signed Senate Bill No. 17 into law in May 2011 creating an exception to the state’s criminal code that permits the medical use of marijuana with a Hemp Oil Ky doctor’s recommendation by those 18 and older. Qualifying patients must have written documentation from cannabinoid system their physician which is then sent to the state Department of Health and Social Services for the issuance of a mandatory I.